Official website of the Yashnabad District Administration
Font size:
Color scheme:
Images:
Building of the Irrigation Institute
Building of the Irrigation Institute

In 1934, the Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Agricultural Mechanization Engineers was established based on two faculties of Turkestan University and was housed in a specially constructed building on Niyazbek Street. The three-story building with constructivist elements is recognizable by its rounded corner.

In front of this rounded corner, there used to be a small park: at one time, it featured a statue of Stalin; in the 1980s, a bust of war hero Viktor Malyasov, who studied at this institute. In the 2000s, a small beverage shop was located there.

For a long time, the building remained unplastered, made of dark, time-sooted brick. During the years of independence, it was plastered and given a modern porch, which led to the loss of its original appearance.

In the 1960s, new educational blocks were added along Niyazbek Street, and in the 1970s, along Kary Niyazov Street. The historic building remained between them as a reminder of the institute’s early years and the romantic era of constructivism.

Also interesting places
Children’s World
Children’s World

The light-blue nine-story residential buildings with the “Children’s World” store, constructed in ...

Hieronymus Krause and Ipoteka Bank
Hieronymus Krause and Ipoteka Bank

The botanist and pharmacist Hieronymus Ivanovich Krause arrived in Tashkent in 1870 and began worki...

Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis Building
Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis Building

The building is easily recognizable due to its monumental architecture. It was constructed in 1997...

Ministry of Internal Affairs Palace of Culture
Ministry of Internal Affairs Palace of Culture

The Seamstresses’ Palace of Culture from the “Red Dawn” sewing factory was built in 1936 according ...