Official website of the Yashnabad District Administration
Font size:
Color scheme:
Images:
State Museum of Timurid History
State Museum of Timurid History

The State Museum of Timurid History was opened in 1996 on the initiative of President Islam Karimov to mark the 660th anniversary of Amir Temur's birth.

The building, designed by architect Abduqahhor Turdiyev, is a round structure with a classic Eastern dome. The circular canopy on columns gives the building an air of lightness.

The museum is three stories tall; the exhibition is located on the second and third floors. The interiors are richly decorated with marble, paintings, columns, elements of Eastern miniature art, and gold leaf.

The central foyer is adorned with a chandelier more than 8 meters in height, consisting of 106,000 crystal pendants.

In front of the entrance is a fountain with large basins.

Also interesting places
Children’s World
Children’s World

The light-blue nine-story residential buildings with the “Children’s World” store, constructed in ...

“Samarkand” Teahouse
“Samarkand” Teahouse

The “Samarkand” teahouse was built in 1975 on Samarkand-Darvaza Street.Architect: S. Sutyagin; engi...

Shoemakers’ Palace of Culture
Shoemakers’ Palace of Culture

The Shoemakers’ Palace of Culture of Tashkent Production Shoe Association No. 1 was built in 1936 a...

P. Benkov Republican Art College
P. Benkov Republican Art College

The white, modest yet highly expressive building of the college was constructed in 1984 on a hill b...