Official website of the Yashnabad District Administration
Font size:
Color scheme:
Images:
“Anhor” Café
“Anhor” Café

The teahouse on the Anhor canal bank was built in 1956 according to the design of architect V. M. Dmitriev and is included in the list of tangible cultural heritage objects of Uzbekistan. Many Tashkent residents visited the teahouse — it was especially pleasant to sit over the water during the summer heat.

The café is located on the site of the former Kokand fortress Urda, constructed in the first half of the 19th century. The bridge over Anhor next to the café connected the old city with the new one, settled by Russians, in the late 19th to early 20th century.

The café building was designed with national elements but has undergone multiple reconstructions. For instance, in 1979, the café was expanded with new premises added, resulting in two halls — summer and winter — with 280 seats.

During the 2012–2014 reconstruction of the Anhor embankment, part of the buildings added in 1979 was demolished. At that time, construction of a multi-story building next to the café began. Following public outrage from Tashkent residents, the construction was halted in 2023 and dismantled.

Also interesting places
Hyatt Regency Tashkent Hotel
Hyatt Regency Tashkent Hotel

In 2012, the Tashkent administration and Hyatt International signed an agreement for the construct...

“Samarkand” Teahouse
“Samarkand” Teahouse

The “Samarkand” teahouse was built in 1975 on Samarkand-Darvaza Street.Architect: S. Sutyagin; engi...

Catholic Cathedral
Catholic Cathedral

The Roman Catholic Cathedral of the Sacred Heart of Jesus began construction in 1912 on the high ba...

“Sharq” High-Rise / UzA
“Sharq” High-Rise / UzA

Among the series of structures built for the 50th anniversary of the UzSSR, the 16-story building o...