Official website of the Yashnabad District Administration
Font size:
Color scheme:
Images:
Houses on Beshagach Square
Houses on Beshagach Square

The beautiful four-story houses on Beshagach Square were built in the early 1950s according to the design of architects Mitkhat Bulatov and Leonid Karash. These buildings appear in all sets of Tashkent postcards and photo albums as characteristic representatives of the classic Stalinist style in architecture.

The pair of columned buildings are designed like gates, with Beshagach Street passing between them. These gates are located opposite the entrance to Magic City Park, formerly Komsomol Lake.

Behind the right building is the once-popular but now non-operational Beshagach Bazaar.

In 2024, Beshagach Square was reconstructed, and the buildings received a new appearance in accordance with the adopted architectural code.

In 2025, sketches of projects for a multi-story complex behind the historic buildings were published, sparking negative reactions from city residents.

Also interesting places
“Shodlik” Hotel, also known as “Youth House”
“Shodlik” Hotel, also known as “Youth House”

The “Shodlik” Hotel is only part of what was once a large complex built by the Central Committee o...

Museum of History
Museum of History

The State Museum of History of Uzbekistan is housed in one of Tashkent’s most beautiful buildings —...

The Nine-Story Building on Sapyornaya Square
The Nine-Story Building on Sapyornaya Square

This was the first (or one of the very first) nine-story building in Tashkent. At the time, it caus...

Museum of Arts
Museum of Arts

The State Museum of Arts of Uzbekistan was founded in 1918 as the People’s University Museum. Until...