Official website of the Yashnabad District Administration
Font size:
Color scheme:
Images:
Academy of Sciences Building on Yahya Gulamov Street
Academy of Sciences Building on Yahya Gulamov Street

The Academy of Sciences building on Yahya Gulamov Street (formerly Gogol) involuntarily draws attention with its facade. It harmoniously combines modern forms and traditional national elements.

It was built in 1928 according to the design of the famous Tashkent architect Georgiy Mikhailovich Svarichevsky. There is information that the building was originally two-story, with the third floor added later. After construction, it housed the Amu Darya Exploration Administration, then the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Uzbek SSR, and later, up to the present day, it accommodates the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan.

Spacious offices host the Academy’s sections, and large and small halls are used for scientists’ meetings. The building has been in service for nearly 100 years and continues to adorn Tashkent throughout this time.

Also interesting places
"Uzpromstroybank" near the Square
"Uzpromstroybank" near the Square

The beautiful building on the Square was constructed in 1895 by architect V. S. Heinzelman and was ...

“Sharq” High-Rise / UzA
“Sharq” High-Rise / UzA

Among the series of structures built for the 50th anniversary of the UzSSR, the 16-story building o...

University Campus (Vuzgorodok)
University Campus (Vuzgorodok)

In the north-west of the city lies Tashkent’s largest architectural complex — the university campu...

Spark Radio Station
Spark Radio Station

Many Tashkent residents are familiar with the two tall lattice towers located not far from Fargona...